Subject: Re: BFFS Icons
To: Port Amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/20/2001 23:44:00
Hello Gunther

>> I discovered BFFS recently. Excellent. Solved my problem of having a
>> shared filesystem between AmigaOS and NetBSD (couldn't get msdos
>> partition to work).
>
>  Please be careful. Use BFFS _only_ for reading partitions. The amiga
>  implementation is buggy.

Really? Isn't it the old story about not setting the volume's clean bit
only? AFAIR this was the only problem I really encoutered.

>> But to your question, as far as I know you can't 'Leave out' disks from
>> WB.
>
>  With 3.5 its easy, just instruct the workbench to hide the BFFS volumes
>  in question. I have no idea for older version of AmigaOS.

It would probably require writing a small patch unless one forgets the
original WorkBench and use something much smarter like e.g. Dopus Magellan.
I chose the latter ;-)

Regards
--
      / /