Subject: Re: netstat problem
To: Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/06/2001 07:33:03
On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:47:24PM +0200, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:
> As I stated below in my previous Email
>
> I am using NETBSD 1.5 Release and Generic KERNEL 1.5 #12

1.5 GENERIC? ok.

As I wrote before:
> > Most likely that kernel was not in your / direcotory as "netbsd" when the
> > system booted, so the kernel symbol database couldn't be built at system
> > startup. Another possibility is that you're running a netstat that is NOT
> > from the same NetBSD version as your kernel.

So you need to make sure that you copy your kernel which you use to boot to
the NetBSD / directory, and rename it to netbsd.

You can do it from NetBSD after booting: (on my machine the Ados partition is
partition h):

mount -t ados -o ro /dev/sd0h /mnt
cp /mnt/NetBSDstuff/netbsd.GENERIC /netbsd

After the next reboot, your system should be fine.