Subject: Re: flush /dev/par0 - how?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/03/2001 11:01:48
On Sat, May 09, 2037 at 03:01:40AM +0000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > is there any way to flush data which is still in the output
> > buffer of /dev/par0?
>
> I think there can't be any... maybe sending a cr, lf or form feed will flush
> the stuff buffered in the printer?

I can flush the printer buffer by power cycling the. But
as soon as it is online again, more data (which remained
in the device buffer) is transmitted to the printer.

And...
    % cat > /dev/par0
    /dev/par0: Device busy.

Does that mean that the device is still opened by some
process? (Hm... I did not yet check via lsof.)

    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
Ingolf.Steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147