Subject: Re: What to do after a kernel panic
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.u-bordeaux.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/21/2001 13:16:25
        Hi,

John Klos <john@sixgirls.org> writes:

> While I do care about why I got a kernel panic, I am much more interested
> in knowing this: is there any way to build a kernel that does something
> other than stopping when a panic happens? Even if there is no way to get
> the panic message (perhaps it can go to the serial port), I'd love to have
> the machine reboot itself rather than stop.

If you remove DDB support from the kernel config file, I guess the
standard behaviour is to reboot.

IIRC, there is also a sysctl option to choose at runtime if you prefer
ddb or reboot on panic.

Since you're not going to have physical access to the machine, I
suggest you remove DDB from your config file.

have fun,
 Aymeric