Subject: Re: Setting up PPP with NetBSD-1.5
To: Thomas-Peter Klug <thomas-peter.klug@db.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/15/2001 21:05:26
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 01:20:29PM +0100, Thomas-Peter Klug wrote:

> I'm looking for some advise in setting up the ppp demon to establish a connection with my provider.
> He is giving dynamic ip-adresses on each connect, that's why I got troubles to setup ppp correctly.
>
> Maybe I've done wrong something... so what are the correct steps to set up an ppp-connection and receiving a dynamic ip ?

> (Important : I'm lookming for DYNAMIC ip-assignment, and not static, as can be found in the FAQs)

As in:

	http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/#ppp

but replace local_ip_address:remote_ip_address by
	: ipcp_accept_local ipcp_accept_remote

Using
	: noipdefault
 might be enough... the ipcp_accept_XXX are there to allow overiding the
 addresses specified by you.

> HyperCOM3Z : What tty* device shall I use ? The both serial port on my HyperCOM are name com0 and com1, but I think I need a real/dev/tty* to get pppd to work, right ?

if you use the standard MAKEDEV script to create your device nodes in /dev/,
com0 is ttyC0 / dtyC0 and com1 is ttyC1 / dtyC1.