Subject: Re: 2091 jumper settings?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/11/2001 12:56:31
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 07:49:24PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:40:46PM -0500, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> > BTW, has anybody ever noticed that at least the 3000 (at least mine,
> > anyways) behaves terribly and randomly when termination isn't right
> > on one of the SCSI busses in it? Quite irritating. I was getting pmap
> > errors and random programs crashing before I removed the 2091 card.
>
> Thats probably rather the Z2 memory.

Nope. I didn't tell loadbsd-2.14 to have the kernel use multiple memory
segments, and the kernel said it was only using 16 megs (with less than
that available for use, of course). I even tried running with less than
16 megs allowed (loadbsd option).

I've still got some sort of problem with the 2091 gone, so I'm not in
the clear yet. *sigh* At least things break less often now.

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"