Subject: Re: MMU faults while trying to install 1.5
To: port-amiga <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/10/2001 23:17:53
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> > I had this bug though, one year ago, while porting Quake for
> > AmigaOS/68k with the vbcc compiler. It happened on both, 060 Rev.1 and
> > 060 Rev.5 CPUs (CSPPC in both cases), although Motorola stated
>
> Rev 5? what IS Rev 5? (can you look onto the chip, what mask revision it
> claims?

Rev.5 is the revision from the PCR. It is also displayed when
booting NetBSD. Don't know about the mask revision.

Don't tell me I have to look at the chip. I really hate it to open
my A3k desktop. ;)

> > that only Rev.1 CPUs could be affected. Changing bit 5 in the PCR
> > fixed it.
>
> That one. As I remember it, it is writing thhe memory location and
> reading it, while triggering a couple of other forwarding paths through
> the pipelines at the same time. Yes, PCR bit 5 is switched on by NetBSD
> already...

Ok. Then we can definitely exclude this as a solution for John's
problems.

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://home.owl.de/~frank/