Subject: Re: Vi segfaults. Termcap trouble?
To: None <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/10/2001 00:01:33
According to Arto Huusko:

>I have some trouble with vi. I use (or *would* use) it mostly from a
>telnet terminal in an Amiga ViNCEd console window. I've got an own
>termcap entry for that console driver.

Here is a quick work around that will stop vi crashing until we can
get a real fix in.  Remove the following entry from your termcap (note
that you will no longer have a back-tab key):

kB=\233Z

for some reason (probably a signed vs unsigned issue) this is borking
the curses keypad handling initialisation.  I think this is the first
termcap entry we have seen in use that has a 8-bit character in it.