Subject: Antwort: Re: NetBSD-1.5 : "Virtual Memory Exhausted"
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas-Peter Klug <thomas-peter.klug@db.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/09/2001 09:58:50
Ahem, please don't call me a fool, but there's no command 'unlimit' on =
my NetBSD.
Tried to find it with 'locate unlim*'

Frank, do you talk about gcc from "GeekGadgets" ?

Greetings,

Thomas.

Datum:         08.01.2001 22:43
An:            port-amiga@netbsd.org

Antwort an:    port-amiga@netbsd.org

Betreff:       Re: NetBSD-1.5 : "Virtual Memory Exhausted"
Nachrichtentext:
=

Adam Ciarcinski wrote:

> > While compiling a sourcefile "testimg.c" the compiler exits with
> > errormessage "virtual memory exhausted".
>
> There is a memory usage limit.  Try to 'unlimit' or even 'unlimit -h'=

> when you are root.

Ohh... so easy? I chose the more complicated way in this situation.
I compiled testimg.c with gcc under AmigaOS, then transfered the
object back to NetBSD and replaced the a.out id (which was Sun3?)
by NetBSD-68k. After that I was able to link. ;)

What is this memory limit, BTW? Can you modify it in the kernel
config file? Why is it set so low?

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://home.owl.de/~frank/

--

Diese E-Mail enth=E4lt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch=FCtzte Inf=
ormationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail=

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If =
you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in err=
or) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any u=
nauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this=
 e-mail is strictly forbidden.=