NetBSD-1.5 : "Virtual Memory Exhausted"

Happy New Year to all Amiga fans !

I recently got an annoying problem with the virtual memory (I think), let me
describe it to you, would you ?

My System : - A4000D hooked on Mikronik-Tower
            - CSPPC/68060/50MHz/PPC604/200MHz
            - OS3.9/PIV*Concierto*Paloma*Pablo
            - 128MB/P96v2.0
            - NetBSD-1.5 (m68k-release) on a SCSI2-drive
          -- SWAP 256 MB (NBS)
            -- ROOT 300 MB (NBR)
            -- USR  600 MB (NBU)
            -- AMG  300 MB (DOS, Amiga-partition, lastest FastFileSystem)

Everything went fine while installing NetBSD-1.5 and setting up my favoured
flavors & colors on it.
After fiddling around with the pkg-package I've tried to compile my own
windowmanagers, like AfterStep, Gnome or even Enlightenment. Thanks to
pkgsrc.tar.gz that was no problem for AfterStep, but now I'm hanging wet-handed
while compiling Gnome or Enlightenment.

The evil lies within... immlib. Both, Gnome and Enlightenment need this
package. Latest source is imlib-1.9.8.1.tar.gz.
While compiling a sourcefile "testimg.c" the compiler exits with errormessage
"virtual memory exhausted".
IMHO this can't really be true (the real cause iof the failure), because
observing the system with 'top' while the compilers runs shows me that SWAP has
still 256 MB free, and for normal and wired memory there was plenty free (more
than 60 MB).
Be asured that all dependencies (all required distfiles are in
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles) were resolved.

Until now (even after compiling a kernel with only the required modules for my
A4000 and the 68060 with FPU) I'm not able to compile successfully
imlib-1.9.8.1.

Any suggestions ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thomas-Peter Klug [HonestJohn]
thomas-peter.klug%db.com@localhost, thomas-peter.klug%debitel.net@localhost
A4000T/68060/50MHz/PPC604/200MHz    A3000D/68030/28MHz
- OS3.9/PIV*Concierto*Paloma*Pablo  - OS3.9/PIV
- 128MB/P96v2.0                     - 16MB/P96v2.0
<*>>>08.01.2001, 13:05:28<<<*>

Fortune # 2835:
Official Project Stages:
    (1) Uncritical Acceptance
    (2) Wild Enthusiasm
    (3) Dejected Disillusionment
    (4) Total Confusion
    (5) Search for the Guilty
    (6) Punishment of the Innocent
    (7) Promotion of the Non-participants

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
forbidden.