Subject: Re: Workaround for /dev/grf3 pixel clock only <29Mhz problem.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Koistinen <petri.koistinen@iki.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/30/2000 16:29:01
Hi!

On 29-Dec-00, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> I am pretty sure, we will not integrate your effort, because the patch
> most probably will not work for all monitors (!) whereas it will certainly
> work for all graphic boards (!). Sorry for that.

I donīt understand this. What monitors got to do with this? My patch is kind
of kludge that enables you use higher pixel clock for text console. It
doesnīt change anything for those who are happy about current situation.
This patch will only affect on Picasso IV.

For those who would like use higher resolution text console it makes possible even
then when resolution pixel clock is over 29Mhz. Of cource you need a monitor
that support resolution that you have selected. So would you care to
explain what you mean that "will not work for all monitors", itīs up to you which
resolution you select. There are already plenty of resolutions that doesnīt
work with your monitor and neither with mine.

Happy New Year!
Petri Koistinen