Subject: Re: Workaround for /dev/grf3 pixel clock only <29Mhz problem.
To: port-amiga <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Koistinen <thoron@surfeu.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/28/2000 19:04:10
Hi!

I wrote:
>> I found a workaround for the problem with /dev/grf3 that >> text console
pixel clock could be only under 29Mhz.

Frank Wille wrote:
> I bought a 2nd hand PicassoIV some weeks ago
> and installed NetBSD1.5 on this system, but I never
> had any problems with the console. Are you sure that all > PicassoIV >cards
are affected?

No I am not sure, but I have read from other people mailing this list that they
have experienced same kind of problems.
Have you tried to set text console to diffrent resolution
that was pixel clock over 29Mhz? If not it no wonder that you don't have had
any problems.

But if you have, this thing comes even more compicated. Is my card broken? Somebody
else card is also broken. Does it have something with Zorro2 and Zorro3 slots
etc.

Best regards
Petri Koistinen

http://www.surfeu.fi