Subject: Zeroth experimental buddha kernel available for ALpha test
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/28/2000 13:05:06
Hi,

due to popular request and my kid actually sleeping at least half
of three evenings, I've looked at the Buddha/Catweazle hardware docs and
written a driver frontend for it.

Not having the hardware myself, I can't test it, but it compiled and the
kernel at least did run on my DraCo without breaking anything else.

The kernel is at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/misc/1.5+buddha/;

there is a gzip-compressed (otherwise mostly INSTWDCPCM) kernel, and the
usual set of *SUM and MD5 files. Source diffs to 1.5 will be uploaded shortly.

The kernel startup messages should report

wdc0 at zbus0: Buddha
wdc0 at zbus0: Buddha Flash
wdc0 at zbus0: Catweazle

and the attached devices.

Please test and report success and failures (if failures, at least with
complete startup messages).