Subject: Re: Problems with grfconfig and PicassoIV
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@hit.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/16/2000 00:04:36
On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Lars Hecking wrote:

> Probably completely unrelated, but here goes: I have a Spectrum, which
> uses the same driver as the Picasso, and the console is flickering
> noticably.

Have you tried to use 4bit text console resolutions bigger than 640x480
with Spectrum? At least they are _not_ working correctly for me with my
PicassoIV.

I would like to know if anyone have been able to use PicassoIV in 4bit
text console mode that has resolution over 640x480 pixels.

Also I would like to know if anyone with any graphicscard is using bigger
resolutions than 640x480 for text console succesfully. That way I could
compare those drivers and possible find out what is wrong with grf_cl.c.

BTW, CyberVision graphicscard drivers have checking enabled that user is
not changing resolution with grfconfig while X is running. grl_cl.c
drivers should also have same safeguard installed.

Best regards
Petri Koistinen