Subject: Re: no /dev/random on 1.5 INSTALL
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/09/2000 12:37:51
--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 02:53:41AM +0000, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  Secondly, shipping a system with ssh/d, but not enabling /dev/[u]random
>  in the install kernel is really bad form.

So, I checked; for some reason, it is in GENERIC and INSTWDCPCM, but not in
INSTALL.=20

I think the reason is that ssh/sshd are not on the install media
(the miniroot for Amiga), and that you would install either GENERIC
during the release process, or your self-taylored kernel soon later.

I remember I had to beg to get rnd into INSTWDCPCM, so that people that wan=
ted
to thouroghly test the new techlogy (machine-independent WDC driver and=20
PCMCIA support on A1200) would have a working system until compiling a new
kernel.

If you think otherwise, please discuss this on netbsd-users or tech-install,
or open a geneneric (hm... bin? etc?) PR about this; this decision should be
machine independent.

(Hm, on a 2nd thought, I could guess that the people with sysinst-inside-ke=
rnel
installs are less likely to install the INSTALL kernel for the final system=
...)

Regards,
	Ignatios

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh