Subject: Re: First steps with NetBSD
To: Thomas-Peter Klug <thomas-peter.klug@db.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/06/2000 10:13:32

> Therefore I need a way to setup my network, I know there is one ...

 Basically, what's setup is doing is to ask for the parameters and then
write them to /etc/rc.conf, which can be edited manually anyway. What's
missing is a file called /etc/ifconfig.yourethernethardware, i.e.
/etc/ifconfig.ep0.

 The file contains the parameters for ifconfig:

 194.77.194.26 netmask 0xfffffff8 media 10baseT

 It is a good idea to setup /etc/hosts for LAN hosts and /etc/resolv.conf
for DNS.

> For mounting my ADO-Partition (I nedd it because of transfering data like grf-infos for my PicassoIV) I've created /mnt/amiga and used
>      mount_ados /sd1e /mnt/amiga
> but this didn't work. A message says filesystem is read-only and "CD /MNT/AMIGA ; LS -L" shows an empty dir.

 Try this:

 mount -o ro -t ados /dev/sd1e /mnt/amiga

 Be aware, that ADOS is read-only under NetBSD/Amiga.

Markus Illenseer