Re: ne0 buffer (was RE: web server problem)

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:00:22AM -0800, Albert Zick wrote:

> >After it stops serving can you still still communicate on the >network?
>
> No, I could not surf with links, and I could not download
> anything with ftp after it stoped serving web pages.
>
> I think that the problem is with the buffer and not with thttpd,
> because this is the error message I get. Plus nothing works
> that uses the ethernet card.
>
> I guess that my question should have been how do I change the
> buffer size of ne0? Is there a conf file I need to change in
> etc, or do I need to make some kind of change in the kernel?

What you asked, you can't. The ne0 buffer in the AriadneII  that is overrun
is the internal 16kbyte buffer of the rtl8019 chip, it can't be increased.

However, I don't think it is likely that that driver is the problem. Most of
it (with the exception of Zbus attachment) is a generic driver used by lots
of NetBSD architectures. I rather think you are running out of generic
network buffers. See my other mail for advise.

Regards,
        Ignatios