Subject: Re: Netscape for M68K?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/16/2000 13:50:43
On 16.10.00, 06:59:11, fheitka@attglobal.net wrote:
> In <20001016114357.A1156@nmrc.ie>, on 10/16/00
>    at 11:43 AM, Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie> said:
>

> > I'd agree with you. I have an older Mozilla milestone (should better
> > be called millstone ...) binary running on my 3000/040 under Linux,
> > and it's hardly usable. At least not with 22MB physical ...

I really think it's mostly a point of memory, I would not like to
spend too much time on trying to compile it, so if anyone has a binary
package (or any archive) for NetBSD-1.4.2/m68k, I'd give it a try on
my 64MB Amiga (68040/40) to see if it's usable with enough memory.

> Well, I have been trying the Mozilla CVS periodically for a while and it
> seems to work/not work depending on the day I refresh my archive, but it
> is slowly getting better and faster.  I think there  is a lot of debugging
> code still in there as well.
>
> Wasn't one of the goals to make a small, fast, lightweight version?

No, that would be the "Geleon" browser, which uses Mozilla's "gecko"
rendering engine, but is aimed primarily at making a light-weight,
fast brwoser.

http://galeon.sourceforge.net/

I think Mozilla is more aimed at "more features, who cares if it needs
a 1GHz Athlon with 512 MB to run reasonably."

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: My Computer Works!
		-- Andrew Gillham