Subject: Re: problems after install
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Sorg <AlexSorg@gmx.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/29/2000 10:27:23
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed NetBSD on my 2000. I would like
> to turn this computer into a web server, but I am
> a newbe to NetBSD, and I am having some problems just
> configuring NetBSD.
>
> 1) I need to find some kind of docs on vi. I can seem
> to work on the config files with it. Or install
> another program to edit the config files.
The manpage `man vi` didn't help me very well. But have a look at the BSD
documentation in /usr/share/doc/ if it's installed.
Cd to /usr/share/doc/usd/13.viref and type (as root) make all. Then the
documentation in text and postscript format will be generated.
These documents are a good introduction to vi.

You could also have a look at http://www.geek-girl.com/, a collection of
links to unix related information. You could try  e.g.
http://www.msoe.edu/~taylor/4ltrwrd/Vreference.html

vi is not the simplest editor to learn. But it is available on most common
unices and is very powerfull.

Have fun!
   Alex.