Subject: problems after install
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Amigauser <Amigauser@headgap.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/28/2000 13:00:28
Hi,

I have just installed NetBSD on my 2000. I would like
to turn this computer into a web server, but I am
a newbe to NetBSD, and I am having some problems just
configuring NetBSD.

1) I need to find some kind of docs on vi. I can seem
to work on the config files with it. Or install
another program to edit the config files.

2) I don't know how this happened but usr is installed
on sd0a. Plus I am not sure how to mount the sd0e
partition, and copy usr to it. (I think that is where
usr should be mounted, right now I only have / mounted)

3) I need to know if there is a way to make the NetBSD
screen take up the entire monitor. Right now it only
uses the right side of the screen. (I think under
Amiga O/S I am using 740x480?) Plus I would like to
be able to make the text bigger. (It is really hard
for me to see)

4) I have read some of the Achive of the port-Amiga mailing
list, and I would like to be able to build an optimized
kernel for an 060. (Plus compile the web server)
What version of C do I need to use to do this?

5) I think that I am looking for a consultant to help me
though some of this. I would really like to get the
web server running within a week or so.

Thanks,
Al