Re: can't boot NetBSD

--

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:17:39   Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 01:10:15PM -0700, Carol Zick wrote:
>> Yes, I marked both the swap and root as bootable.
>
>and did you set them to "custom boot code, 16 blocks"?

Yes, I set them to "custom boot code, 16 blocks"
and I have set this partition to automount, reserved blocks beginning and end
are 0 and it is set to custom file system.

>Btw, there is another potential problem: all of the root or swap partition
>used MUST be within 4294967296 bytes from the disk start, for bootblocks to
>work.

All the partition on this hard drive are in the first one meg, but the usr
partition.

Right now I have no way to download the netbsd kernel, because my 2000 does not
have a modem.

>Regards,
>       -is

theglobe.com
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com