Subject: Re: can't boot NetBSD
To: Carol Zick <cjz123@theglobe.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/26/2000 22:17:39
On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 01:10:15PM -0700, Carol Zick wrote:
> Yes, I marked both the swap and root as bootable.

and did you set them to "custom boot code, 16 blocks"?

> Do I need to copy the Amiga boot block to these partitions?

no. the miniroot contains the netbsd bootblock.

Btw, there is another potential problem: all of the root or swap partition
used MUST be within 4294967296 bytes from the disk start, for bootblocks to
work.

> >What's the protection of the file "netbsd"?
>
> I don't think that I have a file called "netbsd"!

well, if you don't have, you can't boot it!

loadbsd looks onto the AmigaOS file system for the kernel to boot.
the kernel to use with your NetBSD version is available at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.1/amiga/binary/kernel/netbsd