Subject: Re: NewbiQ re: Support for GForce 040 and other accelerators
To: None <kmerri@po-box.mcgill.ca>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/12/2000 21:20:56
[cc'd to the list, because it is basically a generic question.]

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 12:38:25AM -0400, Keith Merrill wrote:

> I have just one more question but this time software related:
> Can I run BMRT (Blue Moon Rendering Tools - a RenderMan compliant
> ray-tracing package) under NetBSD?
> It doesn't seem to be in the Amiga-port FTP directory; however the author
> claims it will run under Linux with libc5
> (e.g., RedHat 5) or glibc2. I see a binary distribution for glib-1.2.7 but
> am uncertain if libc5 is there.

surely not.

What the author talks about is different generations of Linux/i386
systems, which either had different libraries, encoded differently,
supporting probably different entry points...

None of them will run on NetBSD/m68k.

However, assuming he did release the source and did not use special evil
Linux tricks, but rather the standard set of Posix comliant library calls
(and maybe basic X11 library calls), his code should be compilable on
NetBSD.