Re: NetBSD on A1200 with DKB Cobra 40

        Hi,

Michael Kukat <michael%unixiron.org@localhost> writes:

> After issuing "loadbsd -b netbsd.GENERIC", the screen gets blank
> (background color, fullscreen), and nothing more happens.
[...]
> Does anyone have some hints? Anyone out there running NetBSD on a 1200 with
> 030 and no FPU?

I don't think this is related to the lack of FPU because I have the
same problem here, with an MTEC@28MHz, 8M of RAM, and... a 68882 or a
68881.

At which physical addresses do your 8M appear? 0x200000-0x9fffff, or
are they remapped somewhere else? Same question: does the
documentation for your card say that you can put more than 8M on it?

> On this board, there are 8 Megs of RAM, so it should be really
> enough, i got it started on my A2000 with 4 Megs.

Really? I thought this was a memory related problem... Maybe we should
investigate this further... I'll try to build kernels with various
options to see which ones hang, then.

> Network is a low-cost NE2000 compatible PCMCIA card.

It shouldn't be recognized by the 1.4.3_ALPHA kernel (and by any 1.4.x
kernel).

regards,
 Aymeric