Re: PCMCIA+WDC test kernel available

CCd to port-amiga, I guess there is general interest.

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 12:38:44PM +0100, Andrew West...

> I managed to get my hard disk to be recognised with this test kernel with
> the wdc driver.

> What is the most recent (preferably not alpha) GENERIC kernel that is
> compiled with the wdc driver, and where can I find it?

You don't need GENERIC --- the only difference between GENERIC and AMIGA
is DraCo support, the only difference between AMIGA and the "NEWAMGIA" is
wdc instead of idesc, and PCMCIA support. The one I uploaded is the newest
available, but it doesn't really work with a 1.4.-ish distribution.

And the support inside can't be back-ported to 1.4, I guess. But rejoice,
it should be easy to get it to work with the 1.5 release.

> Where can I find a miniroot filesystem that has the wdc driver
> (ie the device /dev/nwd0c)
> that will allow me to install and use 1.4.2 (or better) on my machine?

the miniroot filesystem has no knowledge of the kern... wait. Yes, there
is a kernel inside, but you can boot with loadbsd (or GOBSD from Aminet(?))
a different kernel, and tell that kernel to use your miniroot partition as
its root.

So in theory, any kernel with a compatible version should work.
E.g., the 1.5 miniroot.