Subject: Re: Device not configured
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/14/2000 19:36:19
[CC'd to port-amiga, as both are sort of a FAQ]

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 08:58:46PM -0400, F. Heitkamp wrote:

> Yep.  I was trying to access the wrong partition.  Now I can access
> the ados partition.  BTW it seems that one cannot write to ados with
> NetBSD. No?

Correct. If you want to contribute the write part, please do. Maybe I should
add a "code contributions wanted" page to the NetBSD WWW pages.

>  I still cannot access the Linux (ext2) partitions.  I
> think I might have the wrong dostype set.  Do you know the correct
> value?  Thank you!

NetBSD marks as unknown the partitions with a DOSTYPE that is unknown to
NetBSD. The known DOSTYPEs are for NetBSD1.4.1 :

 - DOS\x (for AmigaOS filesystems upto DOS\5), muFS (MultiUser Filesystem)
 - NBR\x (NetBSD root partition), NBU\x (NetBSD user partition), NBS\0 (NetBSD
swap partition)
 - UNI\2 (AMIX partition)
 - LNX\0 (Linux partition, used for ext2fs), SWP\0 (Linux swap partition). Since
1.4.1

Regards,
	Ignatios