Re: Device not configured

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 04:07:56PM -0400, fheitka%attglobal.net@localhost wrote:
> I have an IDE disk with some ados and linux partitions on it. Whenever I
> try to mount the partitions I get an error from
> mount:  "Device not configured".   How do I configure the
> disk so NetBSD can use it, preferably without re-fdisking?

NetBSD/Amiga uses RDB partitions, as AmigaOS does.

There is no tool called fdisk that I'm aware of that edits RDBs, for
either of the OSes. You need to use something like hdtoolbox instead,
but I guess you know this already...

I strongly suspect you try to access the wrong partition(s). However, I can't
judge this without seeing the output of "disklabel <nameofyourdisk>" and the
exact command lines you tried.