Subject: Xemacs 21.1.10 wont compile
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Briars <chris.briars@redhotants.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/18/2000 22:04:26
Hello,
      Apologies if this is not the place to ask but does anyone compiled xemacs 21.1.10 with a Netbsd system:

m68k-cbm-NetBSD1.4.2

When compiling it seems to think its a hp9000s300
and the build process fails with errors at sysdep.h and unexp9k3.h

Is it worth persevering or would it be to slow on my
A1200 with 68030 68882 @ 50 Mhz AGA graphics only

Also i saw someone recommending "xisp" for connecting to the internet with but
when i run it after installing the package i get error
" "/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol: glXMakeCurrent" in
xisp:/usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88 "

Also is it possible to use screenmode Pal 640x512  depth 8
it will work at that size depth 4 if i disable AGA othgerwise frequency is
not right for my svga monitor or scandoubler/flickerfixer

please help im only 17 and only recently started experimenting with NetBSD
after a friend at a university downloaded the sources to CD and convinced me
to try it now im hooked built my own kernel but AGA screenmodes and vgaonly
timing dont work right

Kind regards
--
Christopher Briars