Subject: Need help with another NetBSD
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@klos.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/12/2000 23:17:15
Hello,

This is not a NetBSD-Amiga problem, but some of you people seem to really
know what's going on, so I figured I'd ask here.

I have been trying desperately to get NetBSD-ppc installed on a blue and
white G3. While people on their list have tried to help, it seems that
most of them are stuck where I am. Does anyone know about how these things
are managed?

First, in the /macppc/installation/floppy/ directory, there is a file
called boot.fs, which is supposed to be a bootable floppy. Does anyone
know how I can access whatever file(s) are on there? I don't have a floppy
drive, and although I am supposed to be able to boot off of an ISO CD,
nobody can give me a kernel with the miniroot filesystem. Can I get
whatever file is in the floppy image and use that as a kernel with
miniroot?

Second, while NetBSD-Amiga asks what device to use for root, NetBSD-ppc,
when booting from what I assumed to be the install kernel, gets to:
boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a dumps on md0b

and hangs.

Does anyone know anything about how options get passed to the kernel?