Subject: Re: Optimisations
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/07/2000 09:56:56
On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 02:12:56PM -0400, John Klos wrote:
> In /etc/mk.conf, amongst other things, I have:
> M68060=1
> COPTS=-O2 -m68060

  I don't know what NetBSD version you are running and which compiler
  version you have. If you have an EGCS compiler be very careful when
  compiling for the 68060 because it might trigger a serious bug. This
  bug does only affect code generation for the 68060. You either have
  to compile with "-msoft-float" or nether use "-fomit-frame-pointer".
  Using "-fomit-frame-pointer" might cause the loss of stack cleanup
  instructions causing a bogus sp...
  That bug affects (probably) all EGCS releases including 2.95.2 (I
  have checked 1.1b, there it was present). I guess its a longtime
  bug that was triggered with on 68k the support for the 68060. In
  the development sources of GCC its fixed since the beginning of this
   year.

  Gunther