Re: Pixelclock too high

On Thu Jun 29 17:58:24 2000, Georges Heinesch wrote:

> Quoting Bernd Ernesti (28-Jun-00 09:50:16):
>
> > Mode  MHz
> > (bit) without overlocking with overclocking (CV_AGGRESSIVE_TIMING)
>
> > 8 135         135
> > 15/16  80         100
> > 24/32  50          55
>
> > This are the chip limits, so even CV_AGGRESSIVE_TIMING is 25% over
> > the limit for the 16bit mode.
>
> Why don't you stick to the max. pixelclock of CGXMode?

Because I am not Frank who choice to overclock the boards?

>  8 Bi : 135 MHz
> 16 Bit: 120 MHz
> 24 Bit:  80 MHz

You don't have to wonder why your card doesn't work anymore when you use
this limits.

These limits are over 50% for 16 and 24bit. Thats like you run a CPU
which is sold as 400MHz with 600MHz.

> These 25% overclocking you defined, is this something randomly chosen

NO, it is the limit from the chip manufacturer.

> by the guy writhing the CV64 stuff (you?), or does it has some
> technical reasons?

Bernd