Subject: need help with grfconfig on Picasso IV
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John Vrolijk <bcnjvro@dsnstar.dsn.ericsson.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/28/2000 15:28:34
Hello

I need some help setting up X11 modes on my Picasso IV.
I've read the manual page for grfconfig and also looked in the X11 install
but still I'm lost.

In the man page for grfconfig the following variables are mentioned:

num clock      wid   hi dep  hbs  hss  hse   ht  vbs  vss  vse   vt flags

Some of them make sense to me, but others just don't.
I tried to find out from the "picture" in the man page of grfconfig how
to calculate them but whatever I try, the console screen gets messed up.
It looks like the left content is repeated to the right of the screen.

I tried to generate a grfmodes file using the PicassoIV software which is
supposed to generate a suitable file which probably needs some manual editing.

Can someone explain to me the meaning of:

hbs
hss
hse
ht
vbs
vss
vse
vt

I would like to get my X running at something better than 640x480....

Regards

John Vrolijk