Re: Fwd: Re: dmesg

Quoting Job Hanssen (09-Jun-00 11:22:13):

>> When I start NetBSD via the bootblock (Amiga Bootmenu), dmesg works
>> properly and spits out what it should. The options are -ASn2
>> (default).
>>
>> However when I start NetBSD with the same options -aASn2 (I have to
>> add -a since loadbsd starts in single-user mode), I get the
>> following message:
>>
>> dmesg: kvm_read: kvm_read: Bad address (0x50200000)
>>
>> Q1: What's this message about?

> Are you using the same kernels to boot with? Using the bootblock,
> you'll use  the kernel /netbsd, but when you use loadbsd, you'll use
> a kernel on an amiga  filesystem. This can be a different/older
> kernel.

You were right. It was a different kernel. However I used the ones
distributed (loadbsd on AmigaOS partition) with NetBSD-1.4.2 and the
one installed by NetBSD-1.4.2.

Is there an easy way to get the version of the kernel?

>> The same message I get when I start NetBSD with the options -aS.
>>
>> When I start NetBSD with loadbsd without the option -S (just -a), I
>> get:
>>
>> dmesg: kvm_read: kvm_read: Bad address (0x0)
>>
>> Q2: What's that now?

> I don't know about this.

No symbol table loaded.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... N1, TO/GA, 80 KTS, V1, ROTATE, Postive climb, Gear up ...