Subject: Re: dmesg
To: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/08/2000 22:51:35
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 12:43:49PM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> When I start NetBSD via the bootblock (Amiga Bootmenu), dmesg works
> properly and spits out what it should. The options are -ASn2
> (default).
>
> However when I start NetBSD with the same options -aASn2 (I have to
> add -a since loadbsd starts in single-user mode), I get the following
> message:
>
> dmesg: kvm_read: kvm_read: Bad address (0x50200000)

Hm. something is wrong here.

> Q1: What's this message about?
>
> The same message I get when I start NetBSD with the options -aS.
>
> When I start NetBSD with loadbsd without the option -S (just -a), I
> get:
>
> dmesg: kvm_read: kvm_read: Bad address (0x0)
>
> Q2: What's that now?

no symbols in kernel, so its understood. Dont report this one.

Say... is the netbsd kernel you load from AmigaOS also in the netbsd root
directory, named "netbsd"? Else the "kvm_mkdb" program wont find the right
set of symbols to built the database, which libkvm uses on behalf of (e.g.)
dmesg...