Re: BFFS 1.5 problems

Quoting Eirik Nicolai Synnes (22-May-00 12:07:06):

> [...]

>> Cylinders: 3104
>> Heads: 1
>> Blocks per Track: 2864
>> locks per Cylinder: 2864

> Are you sure this is correct? If I remember correctly HDToolBox will
> only display this information based on what the drive reports (which
> may differ from what is in the RDB) as it only displays this in the
> drive initialization display. (the exception being a mountlist saved
> by AmigaOS
> 3.5 HDToolBox)

> Icons for mount file can hold LowCyl, HighCyl, etc. settings. I'm
> not sure whether these override what is in the mount file or not,
> but if you copied an icon from another mount file then that could
> explain it.

I found the problem now. It was a "hidden" tooltype (UNIT=3). The
harddisk I wanted to mount sits on unit 6. This could not work.

Let me explain how it came I didn't see this tooltype right away. The
visible lines (7) in the tooltype were blank. I don't know from which
DOSDriver I copied this one, but in fact you were right. I copied the
bad tooltypes along with the icon and didn't realize it. This costed
me quite a few hours. But the good thing about it is that I know the
BFFS doc now by heard ;)

Many thanks!

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg