Subject: Re: PicassoIV and 16-bit screenmodes.
To: <>
From: Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@hit.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/01/2000 15:52:27
On Tue, 30 May 2000, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> Where Xfree 4.0 doesn't support anymore the old Cirrus Chips. So,
> first the old chips needs to be supported again and then someone needs
> to do the work to get NetBSD/amiga support into XFree 4.0.
>
> But noone is working on it.

Is the problem there that people donīt know how 16-bit and better modes
working, or is it just there not people to do it.

Would it help, if something happened like if Picasso96 or CyberGraphics
sources would be realeased for free? Just speaking teorehically.

I would be intressed on working on this matter, only if I know where to
start.

Petri