Subject: Re: PPC port
To: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@attglobal.net>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/01/2000 11:31:55
> Is there a NetBSD which runs on a PPC (like Linux/APUS)?

 There are several NetBSD versions for PowerPC architecture.

 ofppc is the original one, for OpenFirmware PowerPC Platforms like
Motorola Atlas and Ultra, FirePower EMC.

 macppc comes close to the above, since PowerPC Macs have a rudimental
OpenFirmware as well.

 prep is for the IBM PowerPC Reference Platform, which has been supported
very early as well.

 Then we have bebox for the PowerPC machines from BE. (Single CPU)

 Amiga/PowerPC is not supported (yet). I dont think there is progress on
this one.

 See more here: http://www.de.netbsd.org/Ports/

--
Markus Illenseer