Re: serial mouse driver

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is%beverly.kleinbus.org@localhost>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: serial mouse driver
> I didn't test whether this works for the Amiga serial port in a long, long
> time, so your report is welcome.

I tested a LogiTech M-C43, which is a simple 3-button PS/2 mouse adapted to
9-pin serial, and
a *very* old 3-button "Genius" mouse.
I plugged them into the first serial port (ttyA0) of my MultiFaceCard III.

When using the LogiTech, the mouse pointer "jumps" across the screen
whenever
I move the mouse,
almost uncontrollable.
When using the Genius mouse, the pointer jumps to the upper left corner and
doesn't move anymore.

Does anyone know LogiMouse1053.lha from Aminet?
This tool for AmigaOS works properly with the LogiTech mouse and the same
hardware constellation,
so the hardware is not the problem.

Would it be hard to implement support for these mice in NetBSD?
The code should exist for NetBSD/i386, does it?

I'm a C programmer, but I've never written code for an Unix-style system. If
you'd tell me that it should not
be hard to add this support and you'd give me some hints, I would try...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stefan

ps. Your NetBSD keeps my Amiga running, THANKS TO YOU ALL!