Subject: Re: PicassoIV and 16-bit screenmodes.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/30/2000 23:02:30
On Tue May 30 17:25:06 2000, Petri Koistinen wrote:
[..]
> If I have understand correctly, NetBSD kernel already support 16- and
> 24-bit modes but X Window system does not. Also I have heard that XFree86
> version 4.0 will fix this problem. If this makes sense to you, do know if
> there is already a effort going on to port new XFree86 v4.0 to NetBSD?
> Or is that X11R6.4 which has the needed support?

No and no.

I only told you that there is currently no support in the Xserver for these
modes and that further work should be put into xfreee 4.0 instead of working
on the current xsrc source.

Where Xfree 4.0 doesn't support anymore the old Cirrus Chips.
So, first the old chips needs to be supported again and then someone
needs to do the work to get NetBSD/amiga support into XFree 4.0.

But noone is working on it.

Bernd