MySQL install fails on 1.4.1

Not sure whether this is a port-amiga issue or more
appropriate for netbsd-help, but...

Braking my promise to myself not to touch a DBMS again,
I suddenly decided to play around with MySQL a bit, so
I su:d to root, cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server
and went on with the usual make && make install procedure.
MySQL was fetched and compiled (along with its dependencies),
which all went fine (I just love this pkg system. 8-) ).

During the make install, however, it fails with a number
of segfaults, on a line looking something along the lines of:

for lang in foo bar baz baq ... ; do
  mkdir /usr/pkg/share/sumfin/blah && sumfin\
  && sumstuff && etc.. && sum_more\
  blah.blah

where, apparently, mkdir (or so it seems, there's some libtool
invocations and other stuff in that long line) segfaults.
Why, I have no clue. Has anyone encountered this problem, and/or
know of a fix? From the stderr output I couldn't tell which part
of this multi-line job segfaults, there's just "Segmentation fault"
coming from somewhere in there. How should I proceed in debugging
this one, any suggestions?

System: A4000/Cyberstorm-040/40 mk2, 34M RAM, 1.4.1-Generic/Amiga

Thanks a load,
 ali

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali%ludat.lth.se@localhost - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali