Re: Misc. quiestions

Napisane 31-Mar-00 przez: Hynek Schlawack...

[...]

>>>   4. Is there anywhere a doc concerning the Amiga (except of the install
>>> notes)?

There are not that much Amiga specific issues beside the Install and the bugs
;-) which can be covered anyway.

>>>   5. Is there a online doc for NetBSD? (I found in my local library only
>>> "UNIX System V" which doesn't cover all administrative topics at all :-(.
>> Start from http://www.netbsd.org/

A good point is "Unix unleashed" AFAIR it was THE book when I started. It is
not NetBSD specific but it is a good generic one.

[...]

>>>    6. Makes it sense to install X-Windows on a pure AGA machine?
>> If you don't have a gfx card - YES.  :)

>Really? Should I really install it?

1. Do you really need it?
2. Can't you really get a gfx card?

If both answers are "yes" then you have no choice... :-) Still you can always
run it in low depth modes which gives you a usable although not very colourful
X experience.

--
      / /
     / /