Subject: Re: Misc. quiestions
To: Hynek Schlawack <hynek.s@web.de>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.albedo.art.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/31/2000 10:18:35
>    1. How can I change the colors of the NetBSD screen?
>    2. How can I change the resolution of the NetBSD screen?

Read the manual for iteconfig ('man iteconfig').

>    3. What do I need and how do I set it up to make my news and mails over
> NetBSD (nntp/pop3/smtp)?

Try to use NetBSD package system.  Read manual for pkg_add and similar
commands.  Try to fetch recompiled packages from NetBSD FTP server.

Start from http://www.netbsd.org/

>    6. Makes it sense to install X-Windows on a pure AGA machine?

If you don't have a gfx card - YES.  :)

>    7. How do I mount a amiga partition?

First, find out how NetBSD sees Amiga partitions.  Use
	disklabel <disk>
to find partitions marked as ADOS.
Then, mount the partition using
	mount -t ados -o ro /dev/<disk> <mount_point>
e.g.
	mount -t ados -o ro /dev/sd0e /mnt

	regards

		- Adam