Re: NetBSD-1.4.2 kernel is slower than 1.4 and 1.4.1

Inaki Saez writes:

> I have tested netbsd 1.4.2 generic kernels for hp300 and amiga and
> compared the performance. I have found that 1.4.2 is slower than
> the previous 1.4.1 and 1.4 kernels.

 Interesting point. If found that ppp is flat unusable as soon as
 the machine is under moderate load (1-1.5). That's -generic and
 a self-compiled LEV6_DEFER enabled, default SERI/OBUF_SIZE kernel.

 At least with -generic, pppd is more or less suspended when I'm
 compiling a kernel in the background.

 Not that I have any idea whether our problems cuold be related ...