Subject: Re: Amiga as a web server
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/08/2000 20:37:12
On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 01:24:04AM +0000, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > So I tryed to install Linux. But it
> > can't see my hard drive controller or
> > my ethernet card. (This really makes
> > it hard to install) I have been trying
> > to install Linux seens December but
> > I can make it work. So a bunch of
>
>  The AriadneII is supported in the 2.0.36 kernel,
>  but I believe the distributions (RedHat, Debian)
>  come with 2.0.33 or older.
>
>  It is also supported in kernels 2.1.124+, which
>  means it's in 2.2.x and 2.3.x.
>
>  No joy with the SCSI, though. While Linux supports
>  some 53c710 boards (none GVP) it doesn't support
>  53c770.
>
> > people told me to try NetBSD, and they
> > told me where to find your web site.
>
> > I would like to know if I will be able to
> > use a hardrive that I larger that 4 gigs with
> > NetBSD?
>
>  There may be a partition size limit of 2G, but I might
>  be talking senseless drivel here ...

Uhm, not really. That is, the only problem might be how to set partitions up,
as we dont yet write RDB from (official) NetBSD sources.

NetBSD itself (any 4.4BSD derived OS!) supports (with 8k/1k bsd ffs or lfs)
2 Terabytes of partition size; scales with the "fragment size", if I recall
right. (thats 2^31 * 1 kByte).