Subject: Re: Re: netbsd 1.4.1 cc: Internal compiler error
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: None <jmenzi@freesurf.ch>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/08/2000 08:45:16
Simon Richter wrote:

>Nope, it's a hardware problem, probably bad memory or CPU. The last
time I
>got such a thing (on my A1200) the CPU was so hot that the plastic
case
>already started to sink in (Fascinatingly, it's still running).

I have had a heat problem (my computer won't boot after running a
while),
but I spent my A4000 an additional fan.

Adam Ciarcinski wrote:

>What if you run 'make' again, after that message?

I get the error after compiling the next three or four files.
Some files needs to run 'make' two times and more to compile.

Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>No. None that I know about.
>
>11 ist "Segmentation violation".
>
>This can happen with gcc if you have one of
>
>1) faulty memory, bad contacts, overclocked CPU, other hardware damage
>2) a faulty page fault handler in the kernel
>3) run out of swap space or of memory in a way unexpected to the
program that
>   runs.
>
>Read in either "man sh" or "man csh" about setting of per-process
resource
>limits; increasing data size or stack size might help, if its 3), or
you might
>need to increase your systems swap space (read man swapctl for how to
do
>this).
>
>What were you trying to compile at that time?

Based on your and Simons hints I wrote a simple program that allocates
memory.
It seems there is a process limit of 20 MB memory on my system.

Perhaps setting this limits solves the problem!

Thank you for the answers.

Jakob