Subject: CV64 in truecolor 16bit mode: strange xdvi output
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Koch <ingolf@knuut.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/07/2000 21:41:13
Hi,

with 16bit truecolor visual (5+6+5) on a CV64, xdvi (tetex
package) produced weird output: When grayscale dithering is
switched on, the gray shades are displayed in purple.
(1.4R kernel, current X).

The xdvi program seems to use the correct pixel values for
gray (according to some printf()s I have inserted). On the
tetex mailing list, I have learned that there is a bug in
the xfree virge driver with these symptoms. Maybe the trio64
driver has this bug, too.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Has this bug been
investigated?

I will try to write some small program which shows these
strange colours (if needed and if I find some spare time).

    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Koch     ICQ#60829470     Beste Kneipe in Jena-Ost
PGP: 0x7B3B5661  213C 828E 0C92 16B5  05D0 4D5B A324 EC04