Re: ppp not worked... started work (at last)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:39:01AM -0300, Stanislaw Szczygiel wrote:
> Apart everything: it really means, that someone should think about serial
> handler... Any echo from NetBSD Amiga TEAM?

Uhm, between 1.3.2 and 1.4.1 some work was put into ser.c, to _fix_ the
behaviour.

The result might be that you need to use the "/dev/ttym0" device
for certain programs for dialout operations (sounds you're a victim
of this).

However, pppd knows how to handle modems, so this should not be
the reason.  And you write (earlier) that the connection is made,
and ppp starts negotiating when suddenly the carrier is lost. I have no
idea what the reason might be, unless the carrier really is lost, or the
modem is misbehaving. You should check its configuration, examining the
modem handbook closely....