Re: More Trouble installing 1.4.1...

In <49D446EAD33BD311AA320004AC4C5F7304C659@FILESERVER>, on 02/23/00
   at 06:20 AM, Paul Andrews <paul.andrews%smartmove.co.nz@localhost> said:

You can  fix it.   You need to understand how the Unix boot
process works and mimic it with commands you type.

By dropping you into the shell Unix is helping you.  I know
it's  hard to believe. :)

What you need to do is mount the root partition r/w.  You
may have to run fsck first if the partition is dirty.  Then
you need to do the same with your usr partition, because
that is probably where vi is (but maybe not) otherwise
you will be stuck using ed.  Then you can fix your fstab.

The hardest part is remembering the correct syntax for
the mount command.  On Linux you would use:
"mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 / -o remount" or something
close.  On BSD the command is different.  Perhaps someone
on the list could show you.

If you can't access vi, you can at least use ed to comment
out your bad fstab line.  Ed is a fun beast too.

Good luck.