Subject: Re: ppp not worked... started work (at last)
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Stanislaw Szczygiel <stanley@prof.wip.pw.edu.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/23/2000 15:36:48
On Mon, 18 Aug 2042,  said about 'Re: ppp not worked... started work (at
last)':

>  On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:39:01AM -0300, Stanislaw Szczygiel wrote:
>  > Apart everything: it really means, that someone should think about serial
>  > handler... Any echo from NetBSD Amiga TEAM?
>
>  Uhm, between 1.3.2 and 1.4.1 some work was put into ser.c, to _fix_ the
>  behaviour.
>
>  The result might be that you need to use the "/dev/ttym0" device
>  for certain programs for dialout operations (sounds you're a victim
>  of this).
>
>  However, pppd knows how to handle modems, so this should not be
>  the reason.  And you write (earlier) that the connection is made,
>  and ppp starts negotiating when suddenly the carrier is lost. I have no
>  idea what the reason might be, unless the carrier really is lost, or the
>  modem is misbehaving. You should check its configuration, examining the
>  modem handbook closely....
>
>  Regards,
>  -is

Ignatios,

Please, believe me, maybe Im not the programmer, but as earlier hardware
editor in polish magazine "Magazyn Amiga"  I m  really able to check hardware.
This is NOT the hardware problem. I remember your suggestion about /dev/ttymo
- I checked it: result was the same. And it is lso true, that 1.3.2 worked
with no problem. Sorry, I see the difference: uner  1.3.2 well known message
"silo  ...." apeared relly often - now, apart faster transmission, this
message not apeear... I also checked modem settinc CD always true, and
other modem settings - and there was no positive efect. of corse, Im not
sure now that does mean for me connecting with "local" option. But it works...
And also, that this problem had to appear somewhen between 1.3.2 and 1.4.
nd - according to mails - Im not the only one victim. If any information
aboutmy Amiga  behaving maybe usefull for you to find the problem - it
will be nice.

Regads - and again thans everyone for help -

Stanley

... But what's the speed of DARK?

--
/---