Subject: Re: Trouble installing 1.4.1
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Fred Heitkamp <heitkamp@attglobal.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/21/2000 08:44:25
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 09:37:45AM +1300, Paul Andrews wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone who replied. I found the problem - the MMU was
> > disabled on the G-Force board by a jumper! Oooops! :-) Everything
> > runs fine now - just gotta get X going...
>
> The _MMU_?

On my GForce board there was a jumper for the GVP MMU.  That
MMU was only supposed to have enough functionality to allow
the kickstart ROM to be mapped to fastmem.  In my case that
MMU still would not have been enough to allow Linux to work
when using the EC 68030 that my board originally came with.

Your GForce board is evidently different then.  Did you
say it had an '040 chip?  My GForce board was called a
GForce 40, but only because it was a 40 MHZ.

Fred